Navjot Singh Sidhu Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Children, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Navjot Singh Sidhu
|Nickname||Sixer Sidhu, Sheri Paaji and Sidhu Paaji|
|Real Name||Navjot Singh Sidhu|
|Profession||Cricketer, Politician and Commentator|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INR)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 35 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Weight||in Kilograms- 84 kg
in Pounds- 185 lbs
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Jersey Number||Not Known|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite shots||Hitting over the top
|Career Turning Point||When he was selected for the 1987 Cricket World Cup.
|Favorite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar|
|Records (main ones)||• His highest ODI score of 134 against England at Gwalior in 1993.
• He made a unique record of getting 500 Test runs in a year thrice, in 1993, 1994 and 1997.
• He became the first Indian cricketer to score 5 centuries in ODI's.
• His epic 11 hours at the cricket crease against West Indies in 1996–97, where he made 201 runs.
|International Debut||Test- 12 November 1983 vs West Indies at Ahmedabad
ODI- 9 October 1987 vs Australia at Chennai
|Nature on field||Very aggressive
|Age (as in 2016)||53 Years|
|Date of Birth||20 October 1963|
|Birth Place||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Family||Father-Sardar Bhagwant Singh (Cricketer)
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|College||Mohindra College, Panjab University, Chandigarh|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala|
|Hobbies||Internet surfing and learning new things|
|Controversies||• In 1988, he had a road rage incident, for which he was convicted in 2006, but after appealing to the Indian Supreme Court, his sentence was suspended.
• He was accused by Star India for breaching a contractual agreement by working as a commentator for Set Max's Indian Premier League 2014.
• The All India Sikh Student Federation (AISSF) logged a complaint against him to Akal Takht for twisting words from Gurubani.
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Navjot Kaur Sidhu (Doctor and Politician)|
|Children|| Daughter- Rabia Sidhu
Son- Karan Sidhu
|Net Worth||15 Crores (INR)|
|Salary||10 lakh/episode (INR)|
- Can Navjot Singh Sidhu smoke? : No
- Can Navjot Singh Sidhu beverage Pot? : No
- Sidhu was born into a Jat Sikh family. His Dad had also become a cricket player.
- From the 1987 World Cup, he scored 5 fifties in a row.
- He walked from 1996 tour of England since He believed his captain Mohammad Azharuddin was regularly abusing him.
- He joined politics after retiring from Cricket at December 1999.
- He had been dropped after playing just two Tests, However he also made a strong comeback from the World Cup in 1987.
- He and his wife are known are famous for Their honest work because of that they have problems using all the Akali government in Punjab because of their method of functioning.
- He created a special look in various Films like ABCD two, MujhseShaadiKarogi and MeraPind.
- He was a favorite contestant Of Big Boss 6, but made an early departure because of political obligations.
- Being a Sikh, he’s immense knowledge And admiration for Hindu faith and can be a vegetarian also.
- He’s believed to have mastered Meditation, which he began as a consequence of tough times following his father’s passing.
- Following a long-time absence from his LokSabha constituency, an NGO provided a reward of Rs 2 lakh for receiving back him.
- After floundering his political designations eventually he United Indian National Congress (INC) on 15 January 2017.